KENDA USA NON-DOT PASSENGER AND LIGHT TRUCK VEHICLE TIRE WARRANTY
PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY AND COMPLETELY BEFORE SUBMITTING CLAIM INFORMATION! FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN THE DELAY OF PROCESSING YOUR CLAIM.
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG?
Subject to the limitations contained in this Limited Warranty, our Kenda Passenger and Light Truck tires are warranted under this Limited Warranty against failures due to defective material and workmanship for a period of four (4) years from the date of tire manufacture. The manufacture date is determined by the Date Code/Curing # - described below in detail. A tire that fails due to defective material and workmanship within four (4) years from the date of tire manufacture is sometimes referred to as “defective tire”.
- Eligibility: A Tire is eligible for warranty coverage under this Limited Warranty only if the original owner and consumer presents the tire within four (4) years of tire manufacture date, the tire has a minimum of 2/32nd inch of tire tread depth remaining, and all steps and procedures in this limited warranty are followed.
- Free Replacement: Subject to the limitations contained in this Limited Warranty, if a KENDA tire fails due to defective material or workmanship during the first 10 % of treadwear. The tire will be replaced with a new comparable KENDA tire without charge.
- Treadwear prorated Discount: A defective tire that does not qualify for free replacement under (2) above, but that is otherwise eligible for warranty coverage under this Limited Warranty, will entitle you to a discount on the purchase of a new comparable KENDA tire. The amount of the Discount will be calculated based on the percentage of tread that remains on the defective tire. For Example if 60 % of the original tread remains on the defective tire, you will be entitled to a 60 % discount off the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of a new comparable KENDA tire. You are responsible for all labor cost for mounting and balancing and for applicable taxes.
WHAT ISN’T COVERED
Adjustments will not be made for:
- Tires rendered unserviceable by road hazard type damage, such as impact breaks, punctures, cuts or snags or as a result of an obstruction on the vehicle. Fire, corrosives, running while flat, misalignment, improper maintained balance, suspension, deficiencies, improper inflation, overloading, improper mounting or rim fitment, or by spinning, as in mud, snow, sand, on ice or during on the vehicle balancing or dynamo meter testing.
- Tire worn beyond the last two thirty-second of an inch (2/32”) of original tread depth. Beyond this point, the tire has delivered its original tread life and there is no warranty regardless of its age or mileage.
- Tires more than 4 years old (from date of Manufacture).
- Tires submitted for non-uniformity or any ride related conditions that are worn beyond the first one thirty-second of an inch (1/32”) of usable tread depth
- Tires on vehicles normally operated outside the U.S. and Canada.
- Claims made by anyone other than the first retail purchaser of the tire.
- Tubeless tires fitted without inner tubes to rims requiring inner tubes.
- Tires marked as “tube type” fitted without inner tubes.
- Tires fitted with used, damaged or incorrect size inner tubes. Note: new replacement tires, marked “tube-type” should always be fitted with new tubes for safety.
- Tires improperly repaired, with section repairs, or whose sidewalls have been modified by addition or removal of material. Tires that have been retreaded, re-grooved, altered in the tread or any other area. The serviceability of any repaired/retreaded/altered tire is entirely the responsibility of the person making the repair or modification.
- Tires injected with dry/liquid balancers or sealants.
- The consequences of new tires not being subjected to a proper “run-in/break-in”
- Ozone cracking/weather cracking for tires treated with dressings or incompatible cleaning agents or submitted more than 48 months after manufacturing.
- There is no warranty for any specific mileage achievement.
- Tires purchased from someone other than an authorized Kenda Dealer/Distributor or installed as original equipment.
- Tires used in any application not recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Tires designated front or rear used in a position other than their designated position.
- Tires ridden extensively in conditions/terrain other than that as recommended by Kenda.
- Limitation of Liability: In no event shall Kenda Tire be liable for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages or liabilities (including but not limited to incidental or consequential damages for loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle, or any other consequential or incidental loss) in connection with the purchase and/or use.
- Tires with Speed Rating, load index or casing other than that as recommended by the OEM of the vehicle.
- Damaged bead wire or bead seat area due to mounting/installation.
- If you purchased the item(s) from a dealer, you will need to return the warranted merchandise to the dealer. Authorized Kenda Tire Dealers serve as Authorized Warranty Centers. Duties include visual inspection of tires and initial determination of warranty with a report on Dealers Letter to Kenda Tire as needed.
- If tires qualify for replacement under the warranty guidelines, replacement will then be processed through the initial point of purchase. However tires that are not found to be defective will be returned upon request at the expense of the end user. If Dealer does not receive a request to return tire within 30 days Dealer is authorized to dispose of the tire.
Treadwear is calculated as a percentage of the original usable tread. The original usable tread does not include the last 2/32nd inch of tread depth. KENDA USA shall make all determinations regarding treadwear and eligibility for warranty coverage under this Limited Warranty in its sole discretion.
KENDA USA LIABILITY
Defective tires qualifying for coverage under this Limited Warranty will be replaced either at no charge or at a discount in accordance with the terms of this Limited Warranty.
In order to claim under this Limited Warranty, you must present the allegedly defective tire to any KENDA Tire Distributor or participating dealer in the USA or Canada. To obtain a no charge adjustment for tires, you must present proof of purchase date (such as sales receipt or order confirmation email). You are responsible for payment of all taxes, as well as retailer charges for services that you request but are not covered by the warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
IF THERE IS NO KENDA AUTHORIZED TIRE DEALER AVAILABLE
If there is no KENDA Authorized Tire Dealer in your area, you must call 1-(800) 225-4714, 9AM-5PM Eastern Time (ask to speak to the Automotive Warranty Department) weekdays for instructions regarding the allegedly defective tire. KENDA USA may require that the tire be delivered by you, freight prepaid, to KENDA USA directly or to a specified KENDA Authorized Tire Dealer or other party designated by KENDA USA.
LIMITATION OF REMEDY
REPLACEMENT OF A DEFECTIVE KENDA TIRE AS SET FORTH HEREIN, EITHER AT NO CHARGE OR AT A DISCOUNTED CHARGE, AS APPLICABLE, CONSTITUTES THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE OBLIGATION OF KENDA USA AND THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR OF ANY AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND KENDA USA OR ITS AUTHORIZED DEALERS.
LIMITATION OF WARRANTY
Except as noted in this Limited Warranty and unless otherwise provided by law, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, CLEAR TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. This Limited Warranty is the entire warranty given by KENDA USA and KENDA USA‘s complete obligation is as set forth herein. No one has the authority to imply, suggest, agree, represent, warrant, or promise contrary to the terms hereof.