Kenda USA passenger and light truck radial tire warranty
This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser of any new Kenda passenger radial tire or Kenda light truck radial tires bearing the department of transportation prescribed tire identification numbers and manufactured after 04/01/09. Tires manufactured prior to that date must be submitted to Cooper tire for warranty consideration.
What is Covered and for how long?
Kenda warrants to the original purchaser that, if a Kenda first quality tire becomes unserviceable due to an eligible adjustable condition during the tread life (defined below), the tire will be replaced with an equivalent new Kenda Tire. A replacement charge (defined below) will be required to obtain a replacement tire.
Other than first quality Tires
Kenda passenger car and light truck tires branded “BLEMISH” have the same warranty as first quality tires except for ride complaints and the appearance or other conditions which caused the tires to be classified as other than first quality.
When the tread becomes worn to 2/32” (1.6mm) anywhere on the tire (shown by tread wear indicators molded into the tread grooves), the tire is worn out and no replacement tire or other adjustment shall be available.
The replacement charge will be determined by multiplying your original purchase price by the percentage of original tread worn from the tire. You must pay for mounting, balancing, and any other additional charges, such as State and Federal taxes and fees or the acceptance of a higher priced replacement tire.
What Isn't Covered
Adjustments will not be made for:
A. Tires that become unserviceable due to:
- Conditions resulting from road hazard such as (A) impact damage, (B) cuts, (C) snags, or (D) punctures.
- Conditions resulting from (A) improper installation, (B) wheel misalignment, (C) tire/wheel assembly imbalance, (D) use on an improper rim (E) improper mounting or dismounting or (F) misapplication.
- Conditions resulting from consumer damage, such as (A) improper tire and vehicle maintenance, (D) misuse, abuse, (D) accident, (E) under inflation, (F) overloading, (G) failure to follow recommended rotation practices.
- Ride complaints after the first 25% tread wear.
- Ride complaints on tires branded “Blemish”.
- Use in any commercial, racing, or off-road applications.
- Ozone or weather checking on tires over (4) four years from date of manufacture.
- Continued use while being run flat or acute under-inflation.
- Tires stored improperly. or
B. Tires that are:
- Worn unevenly and/or show a difference of 2/32” (1.6mm) between the grooves.
- Installed on any vehicle other than the vehicle on which they were first installed.
- Sold or adjusted outside the United States of America, the District of Columbia and Canada
- Acquired as “used” tires.
- Altered in any manner (additional siping, buffing, stud pin holes etc.)
- Worn to 2/32” (1.6mm) or more than 72 months old (based on date of purchase) whichever occurs first.
- Improperly repaired or with repairs not conforming to the Rubber Manufacturer’s Association standards.
Tires branded “MALWEAR” or “NON-UNIF (Non-Uniform) or with any other branding are not covered under the Tread Wear Protection provided herein.
If you receive a replacement tire under the terms of this Warranty, the replacement tire will be covered by the Warranty then currently given by Kenda Tires for the replacement tire.
Where to go for warranty Replacement
See your Kenda Tires dealer-which can be found on the dealer locator on KendaTire.com. In the event you are unable to locate a Kenda Tires dealer, you can obtain assistance by contacting the Kenda Consumer Relations Department, telephone number 1-800-225 4714.
Conditions and Exclusions
Any tire, no matter how well constructed, may fail in service or otherwise become unserviceable due to conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer. No Part of this Warranty is intended to be a representation by Kenda that tire failure may not occur.
Never purchase used tires! Previous usage may have damaged internal components. This damage may lead to sudden tire failure.
KENDA TIRES DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR LOSS OF TIME, OR USE, INCONVENIENCE, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREON.
Some states do not allow exclusion of incidental or consequential damages. As a result, this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
When making a claim, you must return the tire to be replaced to your Kenda Tires dealer.
Proper vehicle and tire care is necessary to obtain the expected wear from a tire. It is your obligation to properly maintain your tires and the vehicle upon which they are mounted, including: (A) operating your tires at the inflation pressures recommended by the vehicle manufacturer, (B) keeping your tire/wheel assemblies in balance. (C) proper wheel alignment, and (D) rotation. You must check your tire’s air pressure at least monthly and before long trips.
We recommend that you have your Kenda Tires dealer inspect your tires any time you notice irregular or uneven tread wear and rotate them, if necessary. Also, they should be inspected by your dealer any time your vehicle is brought in for service.
TREADWEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
For those qualifying brand tires listed in the product chart (see below), Kenda Tires will provide prorated credit towards the purchase of a comparable brand tire.
You will be responsible for the prorated cost of a replacement tire, and also mounting and balancing costs, taxes and any other charges.
The prorated cost of a replacement tire is determined as follows: (Actual miles driven) ÷ (Amount of warranted miles) X (Actual current dealer selling price)
To qualify for this Treadwear Limited Warranty, the tire must meet all of the following conditions:
- Qualifies as an Eligible Tire.
- ls aтmodel tire included in the product chart.
- ls driven no more than the warrantedтmiles specified in the product chart.
- ls properly serviced and maintained, including periodic rotation.
- Tread is evenly worn down to the top of the treadwear indicator bars.
- Was installed no more than 60 months from the date of purchase.
- Has been used on road surfaces for which the tire is designed.
- Has not been used for commercial service. A comparable Kenda brand tlre is the same tire, or a tire of the same basic construction and quality, as the original tire, as determined by Kenda Tires.
Mileage Warranties based on tire.
Vezda UHP A/S ..................KR400 ............50,000
Vezda Touring A/S ............KR205 .............65,000
VezdaEco ............................KR30 ...............60,000
Kenetica ..............................KR17 ...............50,000
Klever S/T ...........................KR52 ................60,000
Klever H/T2 ........................KR600 ..............60,000 (p-mertric) 50,000 (LTR)
Download a printable version of our Warranty Statement Here